Definitions of steep:
- noun: a steep place (as on a hill)
- verb: let sit in a liquid to extract a flavor or to cleanse
Example: "Steep the blossoms in oil"
- verb: engross (oneself) fully
- adjective: of a slope; set at a high angle
Example: "Note the steep incline"
- adjective: having a sharp inclination
Example: "The steep attic stairs"
- adjective: greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #77714)
Search for steep at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse