Synonyms / Related
Definitions of stave:
- noun: one of several thin slats of wood forming the sides of a barrel or bucket
- noun: (music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
- noun: a crosspiece between the legs of a chair
- verb: furnich with staves
Example: "Stave a ladder"
- verb: burst or force (a hole) into something
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45299)
Search for stave at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...