Definitions of station:
- noun: a facility equipped with special equipment and personnel for a particular purpose
Example: "He started looking for a gas station"
- noun: (nautical) the location to which a ship or fleet is assigned for duty
- noun: the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand
Example: "A sentry station"
- noun: proper or designated social situation
Example: "The responsibilities of a man in his station"
- verb: assign to a station
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #77738)
Search for station at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse