Definitions of starter:
- noun: an electric motor for starting an engine
- noun: the official who signals the beginning of a race or competition
- noun: a contestant who is in the game at the beginning
- noun: a culture containing yeast or bacteria that is used to start the process of fermentation or souring in making butter or cheese or dough
Example: "To make sourdough you need a starter"
- noun: a hand tool consisting of a rotating shaft with parallel handle
- noun: food or drink to stimulate the appetite (usually served before a meal or as the first course)
- noun: any new participant in some activity
Search for starter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...