Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of star:
- noun: (astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior
- noun: any celestial body visible (as a point of light) from the Earth at night
- noun: an actor who plays a principal role
- noun: a plane figure with 5 or more points; often used as an emblem
- noun: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- noun: the topology of a network whose components are connected to a hub
- noun: a star-shaped character * used in printing
- noun: a performer who receives prominent billing
- verb: feature as the star
Example: "The movie stars Dustin Hoffman as an autistic man"
- verb: mark with an asterisk
Example: "Linguists star unacceptable sentences"
- verb: be the star in a performance
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 33333 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1890)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #23367)
Search for star at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse