Lyrics and poems
Definitions of standard:
- noun: any distinctive flag
- noun: an upright pole or beam (especially one used as a support)
Example: "Distance was marked by standards every mile"
- noun: a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated
- noun: the value behind the money in a monetary system
- noun: a board measure = 1980 board feet
- noun: the ideal in terms of which something can be judged
Example: "They live by the standards of their community"
- adjective: regularly and widely used or sold
Example: "A standard size"
- adjective: established or widely recognized as a model of authority or excellence
Example: "A standard reference work"
- adjective: conforming to or constituting a standard of measurement or value; or of the usual or regularized or accepted kind
Example: "Windows of standard width"
- adjective: conforming to the established language usage of educated native speakers
Example: "Standard English (American"
- adjective: commonly used or supplied
Example: "Standard procedure"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #9388)
Search for standard at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for standard (New!)
RhymeZone turns 20: Read about our new features
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse