Definitions of stamp:
- noun: a block or die used to imprint a mark or design
- noun: machine consisting of a heavy bar that moves vertically for pounding or crushing ores
- noun: a symbol that is the result of printing
Example: "He put his stamp on the envelope"
- noun: a type or class
Example: "More men of his stamp are needed"
- noun: a device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing or to authenticate documents
- noun: a token that postal fees have been paid
- noun: the distinctive form in which a thing is made
- verb: reveal clearly as having a certain character
Example: "His playing stamps him as a Romantic"
- verb: destroy or extinguish as if by stamping with the foot
Example: "Stamp fascism into submission"
- verb: to mark, or produce an imprint in or on something
Example: "A man whose name is permanently stamped on our maps"
- verb: affix a stamp to
Example: "Are the letters properly stamped?"
- verb: crush or grind with a heavy instrument
Example: "Stamp fruit extract the juice"
- verb: form or cut out with a mold, form, or die
Example: "Stamp needles"
- verb: walk heavily
- verb: treat or classify according to a mental stereotype
- verb: raise in a relief
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7510)
Search for stamp at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse