Definitions of stack:
- noun: an orderly pile
- noun: a large tall chimney through which combustion gases and smoke can be evacuated
- noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- noun: a storage device that handles data so that the next item to be retrieved is the item most recently stored (LIFO)
- noun: a list in which the next item to be removed is the item most recently stored (LIFO)
- verb: arrange the order of so as to increase one's winning chances
Example: "Stack the deck of cards"
- verb: arrange in stacks
Example: "Stack your books up on the shelves"
- verb: load or cover with stacks
Example: "Stack a truck with boxes"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3474)
Search for stack at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse