Definitions of stable:
- noun: a farm building for housing horses or other livestock
- verb: shelter in a stable
Example: "Stable horses"
- adjective: not taking part readily in chemical change
- adjective: firm and dependable; subject to little fluctuation
Example: "The economy is stable"
- adjective: resistant to change of position or condition
Example: "A stable ladder"
- adjective: maintaining equilibrium
- adjective: showing little if any change
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #77805)
Search for stable at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse