Definitions of squelch:
- noun: an electric circuit that cuts off a receiver when the signal becomes weaker than the noise
- noun: a crushing remark
- verb: make a sucking sound
- verb: suppress or crush completely
Example: "Squelch any sign of dissent"
- verb: walk through mud or mire
- verb: to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition
Search for squelch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse