Definitions of spruce:
- noun: any coniferous tree of the genus Picea
- noun: light soft moderately strong wood of spruce trees; used especially for timbers and millwork
- verb: make neat, smart, or trim
Example: "Spruce up your house for Spring"
- verb: dress and groom with particular care, as for a special occasion
Example: "He spruced up for the party"
- adjective: marked by smartness in dress and manners
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #49262)
Search for spruce at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia