Definitions of sprinkle:
- noun: the act of sprinkling or splashing water
- noun: a light shower that falls in some locations and not others nearby
- verb: scatter with liquid; wet lightly
Example: "Sprinkle the lawn"
- verb: rain gently
Example: "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
- verb: cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force
- verb: distribute loosely
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5218)
Search for sprinkle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse