Definitions of spray:
- noun: flower arrangement consisting of a single branch or shoot bearing flowers and foliage
- noun: a jet of vapor
- noun: a quantity of small objects flying through the air
Example: "A spray of bullets"
- noun: a pesticide in suspension or solution; intended for spraying
- noun: water in small drops in the atmosphere; blown from waves or thrown up by a waterfall
- noun: a dispenser that turns a liquid (such as perfume) into a fine spray
- verb: scatter in a mass or jet of droplets
Example: "Spray water on someone"
- verb: cover by spraying with a liquid
Example: "Spray the wall with paint"
- verb: be discharged in sprays of liquid
Example: "Water sprayed all over the floor"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #12316)
Search for spray at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse