Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of spot:
- noun: a business establishment for entertainment
Example: "Night spot"
- noun: a playing card with a specified number of pips on it to indicate its value
Example: "An eight spot"
- noun: a small contrasting part of something
Example: "A bald spot"
- noun: a section of an entertainment that is assigned to a specific performer or performance
Example: "They changed his spot on the program"
- noun: a short section or illustration (as between radio or tv programs or in a magazine) that is often used for advertising
- noun: a mark on a playing card (shape depending on the suit)
- noun: a small quantity
Example: "A spot of tea"
- noun: a lamp that produces a strong beam of light to illuminate a restricted area; used to focus attention of a stage performer
- noun: a blemish made by dirt
- noun: an outstanding characteristic
- noun: a slight attack of illness
- noun: a point located with respect to surface features of some region
- noun: an act that brings discredit to the person who does it
- noun: a job in an organization
- verb: mark with a spot or spots so as to allow easy recognition
Example: "Spot the areas that one should clearly identify"
- verb: become spotted
Example: "This dress spots quickly"
- verb: make a spot or mark onto
Example: "The wine spotted the tablecloth"
- verb: catch sight of
- verb: mar or impair with a flaw
Search for spot at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse