Definitions of sport:
- noun: an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
- noun: the occupation of athletes who compete for pay
- noun: (Maine colloquial) temporary summer resident of inland Maine
- noun: someone who engages in sports
- noun: verbal wit (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously)
- noun: (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- verb: wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner
Example: "She was sporting a new hat"
- verb: play boisterously
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45332)
Search for sport at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse