Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of split up:
- noun: an increase in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders' equity
- verb: get a divorce; formally terminate a marriage
- verb: discontinue an association or relation; go different ways
Example: "My friend and I split up"
- verb: separate into parts or portions
- verb: become separated into pieces or fragments
Search for split up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...