Definitions of splinter:
- noun: a small thin sharp bit or wood or glass or metal
Example: "He got a splinter in his finger"
- verb: break up into splinters or slivers
Example: "The wood splintered"
- verb: divide into slivers or splinters
- verb: withdraw from an organization or communion
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #67622)
Search for splinter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse