Synonyms / Related
Definitions of splice:
- noun: a junction where two things (as paper or film or magnetic tape) have been joined together
Example: "The break was due to an imperfect splice"
- noun: joint made by overlapping two ends and joining them together
- verb: join by interweaving strands
Example: "Splice the wires"
- verb: join together so as to form new genetic combinations
Example: "Splice genes"
- verb: join the ends of
Example: "Splice film"
- verb: perform a marriage ceremony
Example: "The couple got spliced on Hawaii"
Search for splice at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...