Definitions of spirit:
- noun: a fundamental emotional and activating principle determining one's character
- noun: any incorporeal supernatural being that can become visible (or audible) to human beings
- noun: the vital principle or animating force within living things
- noun: the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- noun: an inclination or tendency of a certain kind
- noun: the state of a person's emotions (especially with regard to pleasure or dejection)
Example: "He was in good spirits"
- noun: animation and energy in action or expression
- noun: the intended meaning of a communication
- verb: infuse with spirit
Example: "The company spirited him up"
Search for spirit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse