Definitions of spiral:
- noun: flying downward in a helical path with a large radius
- noun: ornament consisting of a curve on a plane that winds around a center with an increasing distance from the center
- noun: a plane curve traced by a point circling about the center but at ever-greater distances from it
- noun: a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops
- noun: a curve that lies on the surface of a cylinder or cone and cuts the element at a constant angle
- verb: form a spiral
Example: "The path spirals up the mountain"
- verb: to wind or move in a spiral course
- verb: move in a spiral or zigzag course
- adjective: in the shape of a coil
Search for spiral at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse