Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of spat:
- noun: a young oyster or other bivalve
- noun: a cloth covering (a legging) that provides covering for the instep and ankles
- noun: a quarrel about petty points
- verb: come down like raindrops
Example: "Bullets were spatting down on us"
- verb: spawn
Example: "Oysters spat"
- verb: engage in a brief and petty quarrel
- verb: strike with a sound like that of falling rain
Example: "Bullets were spatting the leaves"
- verb: become permanently attached
Example: "Mollusks or oysters spat"
- verb: clap one's hands together
- verb: clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
Search for spat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for spat (New!)
Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Read and comment on a recent entry: Out of Many, We are One
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse