Definitions of spat:
- noun: a young oyster or other bivalve
- noun: a cloth covering (a legging) that provides covering for the instep and ankles
- noun: a quarrel about petty points
- verb: come down like raindrops
Example: "Bullets were spatting down on us"
- verb: spawn
Example: "Oysters spat"
- verb: engage in a brief and petty quarrel
- verb: strike with a sound like that of falling rain
Example: "Bullets were spatting the leaves"
- verb: become permanently attached
Example: "Mollusks or oysters spat"
- verb: clap one's hands together
- verb: clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
Search for spat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse