Definitions of span:
- noun: the distance or interval between two points
- noun: a unit of length based on the width of the expanded human hand (usually taken as 9 inches)
- noun: the complete duration of something
Example: "The job was finished in the span of an hour"
- noun: the act of sitting or standing astride
- noun: a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- noun: two items of the same kind
- verb: to cover or extend over an area or time period
Example: "Rivers traverse the valley floor, The parking lot spans 3 acres"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #18438)
Search for span at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse