Definitions of sorrow:
- noun: an emotion of great sadness associated with loss or bereavement
Example: "He tried to express his sorrow at her loss"
- noun: sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment
Example: "He drank to drown his sorrows"
- noun: something that causes great unhappiness
- noun: the state of being sad
- verb: feel grief; eat one's heart out
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #42021)
Search for sorrow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse