Definitions of sophistication:
- noun: falsification by the use of sophistry; misleading by means of specious fallacies
Example: "He practiced the art of sophistication upon reason"
- noun: the quality or character of being intellectually sophisticated through cultivation or experience or disillusionment
- noun: being expert or having knowledge of some technical subject
Example: "Understanding affine transformations requires considerable mathematical sophistication"
- noun: uplifting enlightenment
- noun: a deliberately invalid argument displaying ingenuity in reasoning in the hope of deceiving someone
Search for sophistication at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse