Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of sophisticate:
- noun: a worldly-wise person
- verb: make less natural or innocent
Example: "Their manners had sophisticated the young girls"
- verb: make more complex or refined
Example: "A sophisticated design"
- verb: alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive
Example: "Sophisticate rose water with geraniol"
- verb: practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive
Search for sophisticate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...