Definitions of sophisticate:
- noun: a worldly-wise person
- verb: make less natural or innocent
Example: "Their manners had sophisticated the young girls"
- verb: make more complex or refined
Example: "A sophisticated design"
- verb: alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive
Example: "Sophisticate rose water with geraniol"
- verb: practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive
Search for sophisticate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse