Definitions of sop:
- noun: a concession given to mollify or placate
Example: "The offer was a sop to my feelings"
- noun: piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid
- noun: a prescribed procedure to be followed routinely
- verb: give a conciliatory gift or bribe to
- verb: become thoroughly soaked or saturated with liquid
- verb: mop so as to leave a semi-dry surface
- verb: dip into liquid
Example: "Sop bread into the sauce"
- verb: be or become thoroughly soaked or saturated with a liquid
- verb: cover with liquid; pour liquid onto
- adjective: conforming to truth
- adjective: marked by system; in good order
Search for sop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse