Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of solid:
- noun: a three-dimensional shape
- noun: the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
- noun: a substance that is solid at room temperature and pressure
- adjective: of one substance or character throughout
Example: "Solid gold"
- adjective: entirely of a single color throughout
Example: "A solid fabric"
- adjective: of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous
Example: "Ice is water in the solid state"
- adjective: entirely of one substance with no holes inside
Example: "Solid silver"
- adjective: of good quality and condition; solidly built
Example: "A solid foundation"
- adjective: uninterrupted in space; having no gaps or breaks
Example: "A solid line across the page"
- adjective: incapable of being seen through
Example: "Solid blackness"
- adjective: having three dimensions
Example: "A solid object"
- adjective: acting together as a single undiversified whole
Example: "A solid voting bloc"
- adjective: of good substantial quality
Example: "Solid comfort"
- adjective: having high moral qualities
Example: "A solid citizen"
- adjective: not soft or yielding to pressure
Example: "Solid ground"
- adjective: providing abundant nourishment
Example: "Good solid food"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #54139)
Search for solid at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse