Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of soft:
- adjective: of sound; relatively low in volume
Example: "Soft voices"
- adjective: lacking in hardness relatively or comparatively
- adjective: metaphorically soft
Example: "My father is a soft touch"
- adjective: of speech sounds; characterized by a hissing or hushing sound (as `s' and `sh')
- adjective: used chiefly as a direction or description in music
- adjective: easily hurt
Example: "Soft hands"
- adjective: not burdensome or demanding; borne or done easily and without hardship
Example: "A soft job"
- adjective: used of beverages; not containing alcohol
Example: "Soft drinks"
- adjective: having little impact
Example: "A soft (or light) tapping at the window"
- adjective: tolerant or lenient
Example: "Too soft on the children"
- adverb: in a relaxed manner; or without hardship
Example: "Just wanted to take it easy (`soft' is nonstandard"
Search for soft at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse