Definitions of snatch:
- noun: a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted overhead in one rapid motion
- noun: a small fragment
Example: "Overheard snatches of their conversation"
- noun: (law) the unlawful act of capturing and carrying away a person against their will and holding them in false imprisonment
- noun: the act of catching an object with the hands
Example: "Martin's snatch at the bridle failed and the horse raced away"
- noun: obscene terms for female genitals
- verb: to make grasping motions
Example: "The cat snatched at the butterflies"
- verb: to grasp hastily or eagerly
Example: "Before I could stop him the dog snatched the ham bone"
- verb: take away to an undisclosed location against their will and usually in order to extract a ransom
Search for snatch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse