Definitions of snake:
- noun: limbless scaly elongate reptile; some are venomous
- noun: something resembling a snake
- noun: a tributary of the Columbia River that rises in Wyoming and flows westward; discovered in 1805 by the Lewis and Clark Expedition
- noun: a deceitful or treacherous person
- noun: a long faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near the equator stretching between Virgo and Cancer
- verb: form a snake-like pattern
Example: "The river snakes through the valley"
- verb: move along a winding path
Example: "The army snaked through the jungle"
- verb: move smoothly and sinuously, like a snake
Search for snake at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia