Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of smooth:
- noun: the act of smoothing
Example: "He gave his hair a quick smooth"
- verb: free from obstructions
Example: "Smooth the way towards peace negociations"
- verb: make smooth or smoother, as if by rubbing
Example: "Smooth the surface of the wood"
- verb: (of surfaces) make shine
- adjective: having a surface free from roughness or bumps or ridges or irregularities
Example: "Smooth skin"
- adjective: of the margin of a leaf shape; not broken up into teeth
- adjective: lacking obstructions or difficulties
Example: "The bill's path through the legislature was smooth and orderly"
- adjective: not marked with wrinkles
- adjective: without breaks between notes; smooth and connected
- adjective: without chinks or crannies
- adjective: smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication
Example: "The manager pacified the customer with a smooth apology for the error"
- adjective: smooth and unconstrained in movement
Example: "A long, smooth stride"
Search for smooth at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse