Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of smack:
- noun: the act of smacking something; a blow delivered with an open hand
- noun: an enthusiastic kiss
- noun: a sailing ship (usually rigged like a sloop or cutter) used in fishing and sailing along the coast
- noun: a blow from a flat object (as an open hand)
- noun: street names for heroin
- noun: the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
- verb: have a distinctive or characteristic taste
- verb: have an element suggestive (of something)
Example: "His speeches smacked of racism"
- verb: eat noisily by smacking one's lips
- verb: deliver a hard blow to
Example: "The teacher smacked the student who had misbehaved"
- verb: kiss lightly
- adverb: directly
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #28316)
Search for smack at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...