Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of slick:
- noun: a trowel used to make a surface slick
- noun: a film of oil or garbage floating on top of water
- noun: a magazine printed on good quality paper
- noun: a slippery smoothness
Example: "He could feel the slickness of the tiller"
- verb: give a smooth and glossy appearance
Example: "Slick one's hair"
- verb: make slick or smooth
- adjective: made slick by e.g. ice or grease
Example: "Sidewalks slick with ice"
- adjective: having only superficial plausibility
Example: "A slick commercial"
- adjective: having a smooth, gleaming surface
Example: "Slick seals and otters"
- adjective: marked by skill in deception
Example: "A slick evasive answer"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11305)
Search for slick at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...