Definitions of slice:
- noun: a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer
- noun: a spatula for spreading paint or ink
- noun: a thin flat piece cut off of some object
- noun: a share of something
Example: "A slice of the company's revenue"
- noun: a serving that has been cut from a larger portion
Example: "A slice of bread"
- noun: a wound made by cutting
- verb: hit a ball so that it causes a backspin
- verb: cut into slices
Example: "Slice the salami, please"
- verb: hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels in a different direction
- verb: make a clean cut through
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #34695)
Search for slice at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse