Definitions of sledge:
- noun: a heavy long-handled hammer used to drive stakes or wedges
- noun: a vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs; for transportation over snow
- verb: ride in or travel with a sledge
Example: "The antarctic expedition sledged along the coastline"
- verb: transport in a sleigh
- verb: beat with a sledgehammer
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2699)
Search for sledge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse