Definitions of slash:
- noun: a strong sweeping cut made with a sharp instrument
- noun: an open tract of land in a forest that is strewn with debris from logging (or fire or wind)
- noun: a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
- noun: a wound made by cutting
- verb: cut drastically
Example: "Prices were slashed"
- verb: cut open
Example: "She slashed her wrists"
- verb: cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- verb: beat severely with a whip or rod
- verb: move or stir about violently
Search for slash at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse