Definitions of slam:
- noun: a forceful impact that makes a loud noise
- noun: the noise made by the forcefaul impact of two objects
- noun: winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
- noun: an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- verb: strike violently
Example: "Slam the ball"
- verb: throw violently
Example: "He slammed the book on the table"
- verb: close violently
Example: "He slammed the door shut"
- verb: dance the slam dance
Search for slam at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse