Definitions of skirt:
- noun: a garment hanging from the waist; worn mainly by girls and women
- noun: cloth covering that forms the part of a garment below the waist
- noun: informal terms for a (young) woman
- verb: pass around or about; move along the border
Example: "The boat skirted the coast"
- verb: form the edge of
- verb: extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle
- verb: avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
Example: "She skirted the problem"
Search for skirt at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia