Definitions of skim:
- noun: reading or glancing through quickly
- noun: a thin layer covering the surface of a liquid
Example: "There was a thin skim of oil on the water"
- verb: read superficially
- verb: remove from the surface
Example: "Skim cream from the surface of milk"
- verb: coat (a liquid) with a layer
- verb: cause to skip over a surface
- verb: examine hastily
- verb: move or pass swiftly and lightly over the surface of
- verb: travel on the surface of water
- adjective: used of milk and milk products from which the cream has been removed
Example: "Yogurt made with skim milk"
Search for skim at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse