Definitions of silver:
- noun: coins made of silver
- noun: a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
- noun: silverware eating utensils
- noun: a medal made of silver (or having the appearance of silver) that is usually awarded for winning second place in a competition
- noun: a light shade of gray
- verb: turn silver
Example: "The man's hair silvered very attractively"
- verb: make silver in color
Example: "Her worries had silvered her hair"
- verb: coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam
Example: "Silver the necklace"
- adjective: made from or largely consisting of silver
Example: "Silver bracelets"
- adjective: having the white lustrous sheen of silver
Example: "A land of silver (or silvern) rivers where the salmon leap"
- adjective: lustrous gray; covered with or tinged with the color of silver
Example: "Silvery hair"
- adjective: expressing yourself readily, clearly, effectively
Example: "Silver speech"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 11111 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1424)
Search for silver at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse