Definitions of signal:
- noun: any communication that encodes a message
Example: "Signals from the boat suddenly stopped"
- noun: any incitement to action
Example: "He awaited the signal to start"
- noun: an electric quantity (voltage or current or field strength) whose modulation represents coded information about the source from which it comes
- verb: communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs
Example: "The diner signaled the waiters to bring the menu"
- verb: be a signal for or a symptom of
Example: "The economic indicators signal that the euro is undervalued"
- adjective: notably out of the ordinary
Example: "The year saw one signal triumph for the Labour party"
Search for signal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse