Synonyms / Related
Definitions of sidelong:
- adjective: inclining or directed to one side
Example: "Moved downward in a sidelong way - Bram Stoker"
- adjective: situated at or extending to the side
Example: "Shot out sidelong boughs- Tennyson"
- adjective: (used especially of glances) directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy
Example: "Sidelong glances"
- adverb: to, toward or at one side
Example: "Darting eyes looking sidelong out of a wizened face"
- adverb: with the side toward someone or something
Example: "Seated sidelong to the window- Nathaniel Hawthorne"
- adverb: on the side
Example: "The plow lay sidelong on the ground"
Search for sidelong at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...