Definitions of shroud:
- noun: a line that suspends the harness from the canopy of a parachute
- noun: burial garment in which a corpse is wrapped
- noun: (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
- verb: form a cover like a shroud
Example: "Mist shrouded the castle"
- verb: wrap in a shroud
Example: "Shroud the corpses"
- verb: cover as if with a shroud
Example: "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
Search for shroud at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse