Definitions of shower:
- noun: washing yourself in a shower; you stand upright under water sprayed from a nozzle
Example: "He took a shower after the game"
- noun: a plumbing fixture that sprays water over you
Example: "They installed a shower in the bathroom"
- noun: a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower
Example: "A little shower of rose petals"
- noun: a party of friends assembled to present gifts (usually of a specified kind) to a person
Example: "Her friends organized a baby shower for her when she was expecting"
- noun: a brief period of precipitation
Example: "The game was interrupted by a brief shower"
- noun: someone who organizes an exhibit for others to see
- verb: rain abundantly
Example: "Meteors showered down over half of Australia"
- verb: take a shower; wash one's body in the shower
Example: "You should shower after vigorous exercise"
- verb: provide abundantly with
Example: "He showered her with presents"
- verb: spray or sprinkle with
Example: "The guests showered rice on the couple"
- verb: expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns
Example: "He was showered with praise"
Search for shower at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse