Lyrics and poems
Definitions of shout:
- noun: a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition
- verb: utter in a loud voice; talk in a loud voice (usually denoting characteristic manner of speaking)
Example: "My grandmother is hard of hearing--you'll have to shout"
- verb: utter a sudden loud cry
- verb: use foul or abusive language towards
Example: "The angry mother shouted at the teacher"
- verb: utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy
Example: "`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
Search for shout at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse