Definitions of shoulder:
- noun: narrow edge of land (usually unpaved) along the side of a road
- noun: the part of the body between the neck and the upper arm
- noun: a ball-and-socket joint between the head of the humerus and a cavity of the scapula
- noun: a cut of beef from the shoulder of the animal
- verb: push with the shoulders
Example: "He shouldered his way into the crowd"
- verb: carry a burden, either real or metaphoric
Example: "Shoulder the burden"
- verb: lift onto one's shoulders
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #78209)
Search for shoulder at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse