Definitions of shop:
- noun: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services
Example: "He bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
- noun: a course of instruction in a trade (as carpentry or electricity)
Example: "I built a birdhouse in shop"
- noun: small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done
- verb: do one's shopping
Example: "She goes shopping every Friday"
- verb: shop around; not necessarily buying
- verb: do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
- verb: give away information about somebody
Search for shop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse