Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of shoot:
- noun: the act of shooting at targets
Example: "They hold a shoot every weekend during the summer"
- noun: a new branch
- verb: send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly
Example: "Shoot a glance"
- verb: cause a sharp and sudden pain in
- verb: kill by firing a missile
- verb: emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully
- verb: produce buds, branches, or germinate
- verb: measure the altitude of by using a sextant
Example: "Shoot a star"
- verb: utter fast and forcefully
- verb: score
Example: "Shoot a basket"
- verb: fire a shot
- verb: hit with a missile from a weapon
- verb: throw dice, as in a crap game
- verb: variegate by interweaving weft threads of different colors
Example: "Shoot cloth"
- verb: throw or propel in a specific direction or towards a specific objective
Example: "Shoot craps"
- verb: move quickly and violently
- verb: give an injection to
- verb: make a film or photograph of something
Example: "Shoot a movie"
- verb: force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing
- verb: record on photographic film
- verb: spend frivolously and unwisely
- verb: run or move very quickly or hastily
Search for shoot at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse