Definitions of shoe:
- noun: footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material
- noun: (card games) a case from which playing cards are dealt one at a time
- noun: a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- noun: U-shaped plate nailed to underside of horse's hoof
- verb: furnish with shoes
Example: "The children were well shoed"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #17141)
Search for shoe at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse